Apple is certainly a company that holds plenty of patents, as patents happen to be the new “firepower” for companies. Having said that, Cupertino has a particular patent that could very well pave the way to a new generation of advertising. In a new Apple patent that was published today, it pointed to a mood-based advertising system which will tailor ads to users depending on their existing mood, now how about that? The thing is, emotions can be pretty difficult for something as cold and calculated as a computer to figure out, but the system would rely on a range of pointers to figure out your current “baseline mood profile”, where among them include the likes of blood pressure, adrenaline level, and body temperature, and existing apps that you are using.
Once this “baseline” profile has been figured out, the system will rely on it to arrive at a logical conclusion on your current mood, before it serves an ad that is relevant to your existing mood. Of course, privacy will be a major concern when it comes to this kind of technology, and Apple has reassured the masses in the patent filing that this system will use the mood information collected only to make the ad selection process easier and more relevant, and not for anything else.
Next Story: Fancy Powering Your Own Electronics?
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-04-01: Apple Patent Describes iPhone With Bayonet Camera Lens Mount
- 2014-03-27: Apple Looks At Possible iPad Smart Case With Integrated Multitouch Keyboard
- 2014-03-27: Transparent Texting Patent Granted To Apple