[CES 2014] For the professional photo editor or video editor, having ample amount of hard disk space is necessary. After all a good majority of these professionals work with raw files and files whose resolutions are huge, meaning that every single file could be a few megabytes, and in the case of videos, a few hundred to one gigabyte alone! This is where LaCie comes in as the company has recently announced the Little Big Disk Thunderbolt 2, a product which they’re calling the world’s fastest portable storage.
Connecting via Thunderbolt, it obviously requires the user to own one of Apple’s newer Mac computers with Thunderbolt ports. According to LaCie, this will allow for speeds of up to 1375Mb/s, faster than USB 3.0, and will also allow for streaming and editing of 4K or 3D videos while in the field. Sporting a set of 500GB PCIe Gen 2 SSDs in RAID 0, this is truly a setup for the professional in mind.
To top it off, LaCie has worked with designed Neil Poulton that has resulted in a Little Big Disk device that sports a sleek and black finish, which we have to admit looks like a work of art. Unfortunately there was no word on pricing just yet, but if LaCie’s previous Little Big Disk products were anything to go by, this will not come cheap. The Little Big Disk will be available in the first quarter of 2014 and will be bundled with a Thunderbolt cable.
Next Story: Samsung SmartCam HD Outdoor WiFi Camera
- 2014-04-16: LaCie Confirms Customer Data Breach On Their Website
- 2014-04-06: LaCie Thunderbolt 2 Storage Solution Announced
- 2014-03-11: LaCie's 'World's Fastest' Portable External Drive Launched
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-09: LaCie Culbuto USB Key Looks Very Different From The Norm
- 2014-01-07: Buffalo MiniStation Air: More Than A Portable Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Sphere Is A Stylish Looking Hard Drive
- 2014-01-05: LaCie Unveils Fuel External Hard Drive For iOS And Mac