[CES 2014] Tablets are typically meant to be portable and can be taken with you on the go, but what if you wanted a 27” touchscreen display? While that might not necessarily be designed with portability or mobility in mind, it certainly does make for a useful tool for collaborations at the workspace for brainstorming ideas or to share designs. If you have a need for such a device, the Lenovo Horizon 2, successor to this year’s Lenovo Horizon, could be what you are after. The Lenovo Horizon 2 is essentially a 27” device that can support display resolutions as high as QHD (2560×1440) with 10-finger touch support.
It comes with a kick stand at the back of the device that allows it to be propped up and viewed at an angle if you choose to. The back of the device is also made from aluminum, lending itself to a rather premium feel, although the end result is a device that weighs 16.8 pounds, meaning that it’s not really something you tuck under your arm and take with you. The Horizon 2 will sport NVIDIA’s GeForce graphics and will come with up to 8GB of DDR3 RAM, with options for a regular HDD or a hybrid SSHD storage up to 500GB.
It will also feature the usual connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, and will sport a battery life of around 4 hours. One of the more interesting features of the Lenovo Horizon 2 is its Aura feature, which allows users to send content from their phones by placing their device on the screen, which we can only assume requires the phone to be NFC compatible. No word on pricing or availability just yet.
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo ThinkVision Pro2840m: 28 Inch 4K Display
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo ThinkVision 28 Smart 4K Andoid Display
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo C560 Reshapes Affordable Touch Computer
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo N308 AIO Android Desktop System Announced
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Yoga 2 Announced With 11-inch And 13-inch Models