I think for Microsoft users, they do look forward to every second Tuesday of the month, calling it “Patch Tuesday” where developers are concerned. After all, it is during that special day that the folks over at Microsoft tend to roll out not only security but software updates as well for its products. Apart from that, it will also come with new firmware versions for Microsoft’s Surface tablets, but it seems that the Microsoft Surface Pro model will be the only one that is on the receiving end of such an update where the latest Patch Tuesday is concerned.
Microsoft’s Surface history pages do point out that Surface Pro owners will be able to enjoy an update which will “improve the experience” of using the Type Cover 2 and Touch Cover 2 keyboards as long as they are rocking to Windows 8. As for the Surface RT, Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2, these units are not on the receiving end of such firmware updates, although the Surface 2 did pick up a minor patch sometime last week which actually patched up an error which caused a number of owners to see a request to enter their BitLocker recovery key. For those who have already applied the update, what do you think of it so far?
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2013-11-12: Patch Tuesday Sees Firmware Updates For Surface, Surface 2 And Surface Pro
- 2013-10-24: Microsoft Surface Pro Receives Another $100 Price Cut
- 2013-08-30: Microsoft Surface Pro $100 Limited-Time Price Cut Now Permanent
- 2013-08-14: Surface Pro Workstation Setup Boasts A Quartet Of Monitors
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates