Nintendo is taking a lot of heat at the moment, namely due to the poor performance of the Wii U which has many, investors, fans, gamers, worried about the company’s future. Well it looks like Nintendo has a new plan for 2015-2016 and that is to release a new platform. This seems to be in line with the rumors that we have heard on how Nintendo could be prepping new consoles, but if you were thinking that their new platforms are for gaming, think again. According to The Wall Street Journal, Nintendo’s President Satoru Iwata announced that they will be exploring a new platform that will be health-related, not game related.
With the market already flooded with wearable technology, such as smartwatches, fitness bands, and so on, Nintendo will instead be headed in the opposite direction with “non-wearables” that will help to monitor your health. For those wondering what on earth are non-wearables, Iwata stated that they will be sharing additional details about their new business later on during the year of 2014, and will launch it for the fiscal year through March 2016. This is an interesting approach and it looks like Nintendo could be branching out of the games industry into something else. Will this work out for them? We guess we will just have to wait and see.
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities