According to the rumor mill, we can expect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to be announced in the next few months. However it seems that Samsung will not be alone in announcing a new phone and that their South Korean rival, Pantech, will reportedly be launching a new phone as well in the form of the Vega Iron 2. If you’re wondering why that name sounds so familiar, it is because back in 2013, Pantech announced the first Vega Iron. The phone featured a pretty nice and sleek design and packed pretty impressive hardware specs as well, although its selling point is admittedly its extremely thin bezel which gives off a edge-to-edge display.
In any case according to reports coming out of Korea, the Vega Iron 2 is expected to be released in April, which is roughly around the same time the Galaxy S5 will be launch/released, give or take a few days/weeks. No word on the specifications of the Vega Iron 2, but apparently it will sport a metal design, like its predecessor, and will also incorporate a fingerprint scanner which is also one of the Galaxy S5’s rumored specifications. Either way Pantech is said to be competing with the Galaxy S5, although whether they are successful or not is an entirely different story. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled for more information so be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details!
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor
- 2013-11-17: Pantech's Vega Secret Note Off To A Good Start In South Korea