[CES 2014] When it comes to zoom cameras, there are a few options available to photographers. They can get themselves a DSLR and a set of zoom lenses which can go incredibly far, but the drawback is that DSLR cameras tend to be bulky and good zoom lenses tend to be extremely expensive. If you have no need to a super zoom lens, perhaps a compact zoom digital camera might suit you better and Sony might have the answer for you in the form of the Cyber-shot W830 compact zoom digital camera.
In terms of the design, the W830 is unassuming but it is compact, allowing photographers to easily slip it into their bags or pockets without much thought. The camera will feature a 20.1MP 1/2.3” Super HAD CCD Sensor and will be powered by Sony’s BIONZ image processor. It will also pack a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 25-200mm 32x digital zoom lens with an aperture of f/3.3-6.3. This is not the brightest we’ve seen meaning that trying to snap photos in low-light situations could be slower compared to a camera with a wider aperture, such as f/2.0 or lower. The W830 is also capable of recording videos of up to 720p HD quality at 30fps and will feature a 2.7” LCD display. The camera will also come a host of filters built into it that will allow photographers to make some quick and creative edits to their photos through the camera itself.
Pricing and availability were not mentioned.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-01-09: Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2014-01-07: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact: A No-Compromise 4.3-inch Android Phone
- 2014-01-06: Sony AS100V: Wearable Action Camcorder Reloaded
- 2014-01-06: Sony FDR-AX100: Semi-Pro 4K HandyCam
- 2014-01-06: Sony α5000: World’s Lightest Interchangeable Lens Camera with WiFi