Fans of the famous British motoring show Top Gear will know its equally famous test track very well. Definitely the envy of many a YouTube motoring show host, the track is mainly used for trying out the very best of cars that appear on the BBC show, apart from hosting the “Star in the Reasonably Priced Car,” celebrities who try going around it in record time while driving an average car. The track itself is off limits to fans as well as the live studio audience, but now they get to experience it thanks to Google Street View.
Head to Google Street View to check out an interactive view of the Top Gear test track. Seeing as how the Street View car went around the track, thus users get to experience all of the famous parts as if they themselves were inside the car as it squeamed around Hammerhead, Chicago and the penultimate corner called Gambon. Obviously it doesn’t beat watching The Stig set a blistering lap time in a ridiculously expensive supercar, but its good to get a “driver’s eye” experience on the infamous track, which actually used to be the runway for a Royal Canadian Air Force base during the second world war.
- 2014-01-23: Top Gear Test Track Added To Google Street View
- 2013-11-14: Google Street View Takes Us Through The Canals, Streets Of Venice, Italy
- 2013-09-13: Google Street View Vehicle Crashes Into Multiple Vehicles In Indonesia
- 2013-08-16: Google Street View Driver Detained By Thai Villagers
- 2013-07-10: Google Street View Lets You Follow The 2013 Tour de France
- 2013-06-12: Google Street View Car Gets Pulled Over In Japan