Motorola announced the Moto G Android smartphone back in 2013. Its a relatively affordable device that offers respectable specifications at just $179 off contract. Back when Motorola announced the device, Verizon followed up with its confirmation that it will offer the device to its prepaid customers in Q1, 2014. A week back it was rumored that Verizon is going to make an announcement soon and it did indeed, confirming the launch of Moto G for prepaid customers.
Starting today, Verizon is selling the Moto G for $99 without a conventional service contract. The device won’t be tied to Big Red’s network for two years. Verizon is offering the Moto G at a substantial discount, its also selling the smartphone through Best Buy. Even though the carrier has started sales today, Best Buy has been selling the $99 Verizon Moto G for a couple of days now. With a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB RAM, 4.5 inch 1,280×720 pixel resolution display, 8GB internal storage and 5 megapixel rear camera, the Moto G is a bonafide mid-range Android smartphone which offers more bang for your buck. Keep in mind that this smartphone doesn’t have 4G LTE support, if you do purchase it, you will have to make do with 3G speeds. Verizon is selling the Moto G online and through its retail stores.
Next Story: WowWee Develops MiP Toys
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-02-05: Verizon's Moto G Receives Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2014-01-02: Moto G Available For Verizon's Prepaid Customers On January 9th
- 2013-12-31: Verizon Moto G To Be Sold By Best Buy For $100 Off Contract
- 2013-12-30: Moto G For Verizon Leaked, Could Be Priced At $100
- 2013-12-15: Moto G For Verizon Leaked Without Carrier's Branding