If you’re looking to get your hands on a tablet that is affordable, devices like the Nexus 7 and the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX could just be what the doctor ordered, but if you still think that those devices are a little out of your budget and you’re not looking for anything too exciting, Sprint might have something for you in the form of the ZTE Optik 2, the successor to the ZTE Optik that was launched back in 2012 which also made its way onto Sprint’s network. Sprint has recently announced that the tablet will be available for purchase through Sprint’s Web Sales and Business Sales and will be priced at a very affordable $29.99, although it does require you to enter into a new two-year agreement with the carrier.
Then again if wanted a tablet with mobile internet connectivity as well, we guess signing a contract might not be such a bad deal after all. In terms of hardware specs, the ZTE Optik 2 will feature a 7” display with a resolution of 1280×800. It will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor clocked at 1.2GHz, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage that can be expanded via microSD, a 4,000mAH battery, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. It’s not the sleekest or the most powerful Android tablet we’ve seen, but it will get the job done for those whose interest is more towards going online rather than running intensive programs.
Next Story: ASUS PadFone E Launches In Taiwan
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-11-10: Mysterious ZTE Tablet For Sprint Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-06-10: Sprint HTC Tiara, ZTE Vital/Quantum Hits The FCC
- 2013-03-29: Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2013-03-20: ZTE Quantum For Sprint Leaked
- 2013-02-21: Sprint Force LTE Leaks As Entry-Level Android Phone From ZTE