Archos is a brand we’re sure many of you guys are familiar with by now. In the past we’ve seen the company release a variety of tablets and smartphones, and it looks like at MWC 2014, we can expect to learn more about their products. Archos has recently announced a new tablet in the form of the 80 Helium 4G. According to Archos, they claim that the 80 Helium 4G will be the world’s first 8-inch 4G tablet that will be priced under £230. Those are some bold claims, but what sort of specs are we looking at if Archos can price it so low?
Well for starters the tablet will pack an 8-inch 1024×768 display. It will also be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm MSM8926 processor clocked at 1.2GHz with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera capable of 1080p Full HD video capture, a 2MP front-facing camera, 4G LTE support (obviously), Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS, a 3,500mAh battery with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running the show. No word on when exactly Archos will be releasing the 80 Helium 4G to the masses, but it will be later this year, although you can expect the tablet to be on display at MWC 2014.
Next Story: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On
- 2014-03-12: HTC Desire 816, Hands-On Preview
- 2014-02-26: Best of MWC 2014 @ Ubergizmo
- 2014-02-26: Archos CEO Accidentally Kills Phone During Demonstration
- 2014-02-20: Archos 50c Oxygen & 64 Xenon Smartphones Announced
- 2014-02-20: Archos 40b Titanium Is Aimed At The Music Lover
- 2014-02-20: Archos 80 Helium 4G Tablet Unveiled
- 2014-02-02: Archos Neon Trio Of Tablets Unveiled