BlackBerry continues to improve its now cross platform messaging service, BlackBerry Messenger, after opening it up for other platforms for the time time in history last year. Today an updated BBM for Android and iOS app has been announced which brings a new feature called Find Friends. This will allow users to easily find out which of their contacts are using BBM so they can send them a PIN invite. The feature is quite similar to what other cross platform messaging apps like WhatsApp offer, it too is capable of scanning through the users’ address book to find out which of their contacts are using its service.
Users can then send PIN invites to add contacts that are already using BlackBerry Messenger, either on Android, iOS or even a BlackBerry. Those who aren’t using it can be sent invites to download the app, invites can be sent through an email or via SMS. After the app is updated, Find Friends will show up the first time it is launched. It will then be available under the “invites” tab menu in the bottom left hand corner of BBM for Android and iOS. The updated apps will start rolling out for iPhone at 11 AM Eastern Time today and the same time tomorrow for Android.
Next Story: First Bionic Eye Implanted By UMHS Doctors
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-10-28: BBM For Android And iOS Will Remain Free
- 2013-10-27: BlackBerry Removes Queue For BBM For iOS And Android
- 2013-10-23: BlackBerry Fixing BBM For iOS