The Samsung Galaxy S5 is probably one of the more highly anticipated Android handsets of 2014, and based on what we know so far, one of the key features of the handset would be its display. Samsung has been known for creating beautiful AMOLED displays and to think that the Galaxy S5 would sport a QHD display, well, we can only imagine how stunning that might look. That being said, a recent AnTuTu benchmark score (via HDBlog.it) revealed that perhaps the Samsung Galaxy S5 might not feature a QHD display, but rather a Full HD one instead.
This seems to contradict the rumors that we have heard to date, not to mention it would seem like Samsung could be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to release such a device as well. However according to the source who revealed the benchmark results, the benchmark was conducted on a “sample” apparently, a test device of sorts which are distributed to carriers for testing ahead of release, so chances are we might still see a QHD display upon its official announcement.
Alternatively the benchmarks could also be for one of the multiple Galaxy S5 variants that we have been hearing about which might not necessarily pack the same specs as the flagship phone, but shares its name (like what Samsung did with the Galaxy S4 Active and Galaxy S4 Zoom). In any case MWC is around the corner so hopefully we will learn more about the Galaxy S5 then.
Next Story: Verizon Pushing Out Android 4.4 For HTC One
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-21: Samsung MWC Trailer Hints At Waterproof & Dustproof Features
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S5 Could Come In A Gold Option [Rumor]
- 2014-01-29: Galaxy S5's 16MP Camera "Confirmed" In Recently Uploaded Photo