Samsung is expected to focus a lot more on the tablet market this year, and while it did give us a hint of its intentions back at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas last month, its possible that we might get to see more later this month. Rumor has it that Samsung is going to unveil a trio of Galaxy Tab 4 tablets at the Mobile World Congress 2014, presumably these tablets may be unveiled at the Unpacked 5 event, where Samsung is also expected to finally take the wraps off the Galaxy S5.
The first tablet from this trio is said to be Galaxy Tab 4 8.0, this tablet will apparently be available in Wi-Fi only as well as 3G and 4G flavors. It may also have an 8 inch 1,280×800 pixel resolution LCD display as well as a 1.2GHz quadcore processor could with 1GB or 1.5GB of RAM. 3 megapixel rear and 1.3 megapixel front cameras are expected, along with 16GB of onboard storage, a microSD card slot and a 6,800mAh battery. Next in line is the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, expected to be offered in Wi-Fi only and 3G flavors, apparently this will have similar specs as the 8 inch Galaxy Tab 4, but with 8GB onboard storage and a smaller 4,450mAh battery. Last but not the least is Galaxy Tab 4 10.1, also expected in Wi-Fi only and 3G/4G variants, this tablet may also have the same 1.2GHz quadcore processor coupled with 1.5GB RAM, 16GB onboard storage and support for external expansion through microSD card. Cameras may be a bit better, with an 8 megapixel rear and 3 megapixel front shooter expected to be onboard. No word on pricing or availability as yet.
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-15: Samsung SM-T805 Could Be New Galaxy Tab Pro Device
- 2014-03-05: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Arriving This March 9
- 2014-02-26: Samsung Knox 2.0: Ready For Small Businesses And Cloud Management
- 2014-02-25: PayPal To Support Fingerprint Authorization For Payments Via Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-02-24: Samsung Galaxy S5 Review: Hands-On
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-11: Galaxy Tab 4 Specifications Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-01-16: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite Announced Officially