Based on Samsung’s Unpacked 5 date, we can only assume that Samsung will be taking the wrap off the Galaxy S5 on the 24th of February 2014. Either that or Samsung has other devices that might be announced in its place, although we’re guessing that the Galaxy S5’s announcement is probably a good candidate. That being said, while the handset might be announced on the 24th of February, when will it be made available for purchase? Unlike Apple who typically makes their products available for purchase within 1-2 weeks of its announcement, that usually isn’t the case for Android OEMs, but could Samsung be changing their tune this year?
According to carrier O2 in Germany, they have put up a registration page for the Samsung Galaxy S5 in which they state that the handset would be released “late-February”, suggesting that the phones could go on sale shortly after its announcement at MWC 2014. Also as you can see in the screenshot above, O2 seems to be hinting that the Samsung Galaxy S5 could have waterproof features, which coincidentally enough was one of the rumored features of the device. In any case we guess we will learn more next week at MWC 2014, so check back with us then for the details!
- LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- Ellen Degeneres' Oscar Selfie Might Not Have Been Impromptu After All
- Cross-Platform BBM Could Be Getting Ads Soon, According To Android Beta
- BlackBerry Z30 Apps Will Automatically Be Available For The BlackBerry Z3
- Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms