Everyone loves a good bargain, although it can be pretty difficult to meet in the middle with a hard salesperson. However, whenever a company-wide directive is given, then that would be something else altogether. Qualcomm’s Toq smartwatch that boasts of a low-power Mirasol sunlight readable color display has just received a $100 price cut, which is good news for those of you out there who have cast an eye on this particular device for the longest time, but still find the price to be surprisingly prohibitive.
Just to recap, the Toq smartwatch will also feature a touchscreen display for easy control and navigation, in addition to the ability to pair it up with your smartphone in order to show off various alerts on your wrist. Not only that, wireless charging capability has been thrown into the mix, where it will also play nice with an optional Bluetooth headset and double up as a remote control for music playback on your handset. The original $350 price point is now a whole lot more affordable at $250 a pop, where it will carry a 1.55” display at 288 x 192 pixels, a 200MHz ARM Cortex-M3 CPU, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity and “multiple days” of battery life. Still, the new price tag is rather high considering how the device itself was launched last September.
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2014-01-06: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Price Receives $50 Cut
- 2013-12-02: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Now Available For Purchase
- 2013-11-25: Qualcomm Toq Smartwatch Now Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-11-18: Qualcomm's Toq Smartwatch To See A 2nd Of December Release