Samsung usually doesn’t detail when its going to roll out a major update for its plethora of Android devices, despite the fact that it happens to be the biggest Android smartphone vendor in the world. Customers on the other hand want to be kept in the loop, but the company almost always has its own way of going about these things. While the Samsung Android 4.4 upgrade roadmap is yet to be officially detailed, a source “close to the matter” “confirms” to Phandroid a list of Samsung devices that will be receiving Android 4.4 in the very near future.
Devices in this list include Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-i317), Galaxy S3 (SGH-i747), Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-t217a), Galaxy S4 (SGH-i337), Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537), Galaxy Mega (SGH-i527), Galaxy S4 Zoom (SM-c105a), Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900a), Galaxy Note 8.0 (SGH-i467) and the Galaxy S3 Mini (SM-g730a). The source hasn’t revealed much apart from these names, so its not entirely clear at this point in time exactly when Samsung is going to roll out Android 4.4 KitKat for these devices. It is quite likely that this will be a staged roll out, not all devices will receive it at the very same time. Obviously there’s also the possibility that the source is completely wrong, so we have to keep that in mind as well. For now, take this with a grain of salt.
Next Story: The Ark Is A Piece Of Tech Artwork
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Launches The All New Galaxy Tab 4 Lineup
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again