Sony’s PS4 console can be said to be a hit, where it has successfully sold over 5.3 million units globally ever since it was released. In fact, PlayStation UK’s managing director, Fergal Gara, did mention that the PS4 console will only be readily available on store shelves from this April onward – which is slightly more than a month from now. Hardcore gamers who cannot wait and would want to get cracking on the PS4 could find this waiting period to be an extremely “painful” one, so to speak.
I guess having a short supply of consoles is better than having tons of consoles sitting on store shelves since they would not sell very well in the market. Gara mentioned, “I can’t work it out precisely. But based on what I’ve seen so far, I think it is going to be tricky until around about April. You might get a fortnight or a week here or there where it is more available, but we should be back to free supply by about April. That’s our best guess. It might be a little earlier than that, or it might be a little later. But we’ll get there.”
Sony had underestimated the success of the Sony PS4 – how about you?
Next Story: Snapdragon 610, 615: Up To Octo-Core Snapdragon
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: Sony Announces Over 1,000 Developers Licensed To Self-Publish On PS4