If there is one thing Samsung is known for it would be their AMOLED displays. They are typically very bright and vibrant, although some have criticized Samsung for its AMOLED displays as they do tend to be oversaturated, but then again some people do like that look and if Samsung’s success is anything to go by, many don’t seem to mind it at all.
So with the Galaxy S5, how does the AMOLEd display hold up? In a recent report by DisplayMate’s Dr. Raymond M. Soneira, he has found that the Galaxy S5 has the best performing smartphone display that he has ever tested and that Samsung has managed to raise the bar by a notch.
The report itself is pretty lengthy and covers pretty much all of the details that one might come to expect, such as viewing angles, brightness, color accuracy, and so on. Some of the highlights of the display includes how Soneira thinks that Samsung has brought about major improvements in OLED displays with the Galaxy S5.
It has also set new records in performance for highest brightness, lowest reflectance, highest color accuracy when switched to Cinema Mode, infinite contrast ratio, highest contrast rating in ambient light, and smallest brightness variation with viewing angle. He also found that the Galaxy S5 showed an improvement of 27% in power efficiency over the Samsung Galaxy S4.
While Soneira’s display is indeed very detailed and covers pretty much everything, at the end of the day it really boils down to personal preference. While technically some of its features might seem superior compared to other displays from LG or Sony, there are some who might prefer those kinds of color reproductions and brightness levels, but for now on paper it looks like the Galaxy S5 is the phone to beat in terms of display.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off