Samsung is known for launching multiple variants of its flagship devices. Galaxy S4 Active is the rugged, water and dust-proof variant of last year’s flagship smartphone. AT&T picked up the variant at launch and has been offering it to subscribers since. There’s good news today for Galaxy S4 Active owners on AT&T. Finally the AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 update has been released. The update is being rolled out over-the-air so it may take a while for it pops up on all devices.
Android 4.4 KitKat brings quite a few improvements. The latest version includes re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full screen immersive mode, improved closed captioning support, smarter power use, stronger security and more. Other improvements include enhanced music access from the lock screen, even the camera can now be accessed from there. New sound controls, an integration menu and wireless printing has also been added in this update.
AT&T has released this update nearly three months after it rolled out Android 4.3 for Galaxy S4 Active. The update weighs in at north of 420MB so it would be wise to download it over a decent Wi-Fi connection. Users can also try manually pulling the update through the settings app if it hasn’t automatically popped up on their devices.
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-04-01: Samsung Launches The All New Galaxy Tab 4 Lineup
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released