Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition has been an iOS exclusive for a while although this wasn’t by design, but rather because its developers had not gotten around to creating an Android version yet, although it was on their list of things to do.
Well the good news for Android gamers is that the wait is over because if you have had your eye on Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, it is now officially available for purchase and download via the Google Play Store.
Given that this is a PC game that has been reworked to fit our mobile devices, it is not surprising that the game is priced a lot more than your average mobile game and will set gamers back $9.99. It’s a small price to pay, especially if you used to play the game back in the day and wouldn’t mind reliving the experience on your mobile device.
For those unfamiliar with the Enhanced Edition, it’s basically the first Baldur’s Gate title that has been remade for modern gaming. The graphics have been updated slightly and there have also been additional characters, items, quests, and areas that have been added to the game, just in case you were hoping for additional content beyond what you have played back in the good old days.
This is the first title and we expect that Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition will see a release on Android as well down the road, although at this point in time we’re not sure when that might be.
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul