If there is one feature that the messaging app Line is known for, it would be its stickers. The sticker store is constantly updated with new stickers and is used by companies to help market movies and television shows and even music by releasing stickers in its likeness, like Avengers-related stickers, Psy-themed stickers, and so on.
Line has recently announced that they have updated their Android app with a new feature called Sticons. Just in case the name wasn’t obvious enough, Sticons are basically a combination of both stickers and icons. They can be used in regular text messages within the apps (as pictured above), but when sent individually, their size increases to resemble that of a sticker.
Unfortunately this update appears to be available only for Android first while an iPhone version is being worked on. At the moment there are over 1,000 different Sticons to choose from in five different categories: faces, animals, symbols, sports, and vehicles. It is unclear if just like its stickers feature, Line has plans to open up a market for its Sticons where additional Sticons can be purchased for a small fee.
In any case if you’d like to check out Sticons and the Line messenger app, it is free for download and you can head on over to the Google Play store for the download.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mailbox For Android And Mac (Beta) Launched
- 2014-04-09: IFTTT App Could Be Coming To Android Soon
- 2014-04-07: Knock Lock For Android Locks Your Phone By Tapping The Display
- 2014-04-04: Play Store Updated With "People" Section, Shows Apps Recommended By Friends
- 2014-04-01: Line Surpasses 400 Million Registered Users
- 2014-03-17: LINE Call Flat-Rate Calling Feature Launched
- 2014-02-26: Line Stickers Shop Opened To All, Skype Competitor On The Way
- 2014-02-25: Line Scored 2M New Users After WhatsApp Went Dark