Microsoft has made an official announcement today that they will be opening up the doors to 11 more specialty retail stores in the U.S. when May rolls around, at least according to what was posted on the Microsoft Store Facebook page. Over there, a list of the store locations and opening dates were posted, and as you can check out from the map above, these happen to be spread out throughout the vast country.
Such kiosk-like stores will happen to sell a limited number of Microsoft related products including Surface tablets and Xbox One consoles among others. Should a location become popular, that particular specialty store could be upgraded to end up as a full retail location. Needless to say, one can look forward to some kind of opening day sales, giveaways and promotions as each store opens, although no specific details were revealed.
The new stores will be located at North Point Mall, Alpharetta, GA (May 3); The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, CA, Park Place, Tucson, AZ, Jordan Creek Town Center, Des Moines, IA, (May 13); FlatIron Crossing, Broomfield, CO, North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX, Westroads Mall, Omaha, NE (May 15); The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD, The Maine Mall, S Portland, ME, Mall of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA, and Boise Towne Square, Boise, ID (May 17).
- 2014-04-22: Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-22: Second Windows 8.1 Major Update To Arrive In August (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-21: Motorola Solutions Licenses Microsoft IP For Chrome And Android Devices
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Expands Retail Presence In The U.S.