Microsoft has made an official announcement today that they will be opening up the doors to 11 more specialty retail stores in the U.S. when May rolls around, at least according to what was posted on the Microsoft Store Facebook page. Over there, a list of the store locations and opening dates were posted, and as you can check out from the map above, these happen to be spread out throughout the vast country.
Such kiosk-like stores will happen to sell a limited number of Microsoft related products including Surface tablets and Xbox One consoles among others. Should a location become popular, that particular specialty store could be upgraded to end up as a full retail location. Needless to say, one can look forward to some kind of opening day sales, giveaways and promotions as each store opens, although no specific details were revealed.
The new stores will be located at North Point Mall, Alpharetta, GA (May 3); The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, CA, Park Place, Tucson, AZ, Jordan Creek Town Center, Des Moines, IA, (May 13); FlatIron Crossing, Broomfield, CO, North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX, Westroads Mall, Omaha, NE (May 15); The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD, The Maine Mall, S Portland, ME, Mall of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA, and Boise Towne Square, Boise, ID (May 17).
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]