As we’re sure many Sony Xperia SP owners know by now, their handsets will not be upgraded to Android 4.4. Instead the best that Sony will do for them is update it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which we guess is still a pretty big leap considering that the phone launched with Android 4.1 when it was first released.
Now the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has been pushed out back in February but in a recent update that Sony released to help squash some bugs, it seems to have created more problems for certain Sony Xperia SP owners instead, in the form of a flickering display which can prove to be pretty annoying and potentially battery-draining as well.
According to reports by Sony Xperia SP owners, it seems that post-update, they have begun to notice that their handset displays start to flicker which proves to be quite a distraction. So far there have been several methods attempted to fix this problem, such as checking if the screen protector is messing with the phone’s sensor, and some have even gone as far as flashing custom ROMs to see if maybe it could be an issue with the software (no luck).
One of the ways to go about getting rid of this is to revert back to older builds of Android. Sony has yet to comment on the issue but if you’re wondering how the flicker looks like, check it out in the video above for the details. So, any of our readers with Xperia SP handsets experiencing this flicker issue as well?
Next Story: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-26: Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-05-28: Sony Xperia SP Sold By O2 UK Will Skip Bundled Charger