DRI Energy successfully developed roofing tiles that comes with integrated solar cells which will be branded under the Lumeta name and released in the second quarter of next year. This new breakthrough ought to see sales figures pick up since they don’t look as ugly as roofs with visible panels and will go a long way in helping folks keep their electric bill down at the end of each month. There is one major drawback to placing panels flat on the roof though – these panels aren’t as efficient when compared to others which have been tilted to optimize the sun angle, and they surely heat up faster due to the lack of an air flow under them, resulting in lowered efficiency.
Next Story: HotSeats 723 Game Chair
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth
- 2014-03-10: Moss Could Be Future Of Solar Panels