This is quite exciting for solar energy fans: nanosolar is shipping their first panels and so far, here are where the three first ones are going (from the nanosolar blog):
- Panel #1 will remain at Nanosolar for exhibit.
- Panel #2 can be purchased by you in an auction on eBay starting today.
- Panel #3 has been donated to the Tech Museum in San Jose.
If you don’t know what nanosolar does, their mission basically makes cheaper solar panel than anyone else (as measured in $/Watt). According to nanosolar, their panel costs $1/Watt.
I’m not shopping for solar panels often, but I think that a good price used to be $4/Watt, so it would be a significant edge. What do you think? Real or hype?
Next Story: Do you want a nuclear reactor in your backyard?
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth