Louis Palmer from Switzerland will be attempting to go around the globe in his solar-powered car. His long journey began last year when he set out from Lucerne, Switzerland last July, and over a year he has traversed Europe, the Middle East as well as India. This three-wheeled, two seater comes with a “Taxi” sign that offers rides to whoever is interested in his journey to create history. Louis will be in Bali, Indonesia this week. The Solar Taxi pulls a trailer along with additional solar panels, resulting in a total cell area of 65 square feet. To date, Louis has covered nearly 9,000 miles and ought to make his way to the US sometime next year before he reaches home sweet home.
Next Story: AT&T Pantech Duo Review
- 2014-04-14: Kyocera Installs Solar Cycle Station For Electric Vehicles In Japan
- 2014-04-09: Solar Impulse 2 Wants To Circle The World On Solar Power Alone
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-02: Ecoppia E4 Robots Clean Solar Panels Without Using Water
- 2014-03-17: Solar Power Harvested From Space Beamed Down To Earth