The Evans & Sutherland 8kx4k laser projector provides 16 times the resolution of 1080P, which the company says “exceeds the human eye”. It depends on how big of a surface the image is projected to, we guess… This projector will be demonstrated at InfoComm09 in Florida.
Built to power military applications, research labs or large entertainment venues, the laser projector’s is said to reproduce colors much better than conventional projector. In addition, its color does not shift overtime. There is also no need to change potentially expensive bulbs.
The laser is driven by a chip called “NanoPixel” which makes sure that there is no visible gap between pixels – an amazing feat, if you think of it. There’s not price tag, but you can imagine that it’s not for your living room. The Press release doesn’t mention it, but we think that the brightness has to be amazing as well. Pricing update: We’ve been told by the company that pricing goes from $500k to $750k. The older version went for $1M+…
- 2014-03-18 Smart Phone Projector Looks Corny But Works As Intended
- 2014-01-09 Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-10-07 Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- 2013-09-26 Sony Announces New Projectors At CEDIA 2013
- 2013-08-16 EPICT EPP-100 Projector Is Android-Powered