Using a USB 3G modem but are not satisfied (at all) with the signal strength? There is hope yet with the Modem Made external antenna which was specially developed to function with USB-based 3G modems, especially for those that lack an antenna connector. This device will couple inductively with the internal antenna of most 3G modems, where it ships with an adapter that will come with a fastening strip for attaching/detaching the coupler to a 3G modem. The Modem Mate external antenna is able to amplify both HSPA/3G and EDGE/GPRS signals, and is touted to add up to 2 dBi to the signal’s strength. If you’re interested, you can pick up the antenna for €40 a pop.
Next Story: Audio 2 DJ
- 2013-05-19: Verizon 3G Prepaid Plans Data Cap Increased
- 2013-04-24: FreedomPop Announces Sprint-Friendly Hotspot For $40
- 2013-03-26: North Korea Prevents Tourists From Getting A 3G Connection
- 2012-10-11: Verizon to sunset 2G and 3G CDMA networks by 2021 [Updated]
- 2012-08-15: Japan's minimum nation requirements: 3G connectivity