Boffins at the University of Tokyo managed to come up with what was thought to remain in the realm of science fiction – a holographic projector which is capable of displaying 3D virtual objects, where you can actually feel them with your bare hands. The Holo display which was developed by Provision Interactive Technologies will be accompanied by a pair of Wiimotes that are used to track the position of the user’s hand in front of the screen. To round it off, an “Airborne Ultrasound Tactile Display” unit will shoot focused ultrasonic waves at the hand in order to create the sensation of pressure on the skin. We’re certainly interested to see what type of future applications such a projector will bring, and something tells us the adult entertainment industry will play a huge role in propogating such tech to living rooms everywhere.RELATED
- OLED microdisplay-based eyetracking Head Mounted Device
- Augmented reality mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
- Oakley 3D Gascan, the ultimate 3D glasses for theaters
- Logitech Revue with Google TV unveiled
- i-Station has a new stereoscopic 3D portable media player
- Follow: projector,
- Seen at: pinktentacle