Intel’s Atom Oak Trail processors are on their way to hit the market, and it is rumored to replace the existing Atom Z5xx series of processors which currently see action in a bunch of mobile devices such as the Sony Vaio P and Asus Eee PC T91MT touchscreen tablet. Currently, the family of Z520, Z530 and other Z-series processors more or less consume less juice compared to the Intel Atom N-series processors, and are accompanied by an integrated GMA 500 graphics chipset that boasts HD video acceleration, albeit resulting in a more sluggish performance somewhat oeverall. Oak Trail processors ought to sip less energy than its Pine Trail counterparts, but will only target devices such as tablets and smartphones.
Next Story: Acer TouchPortal user interface on demonstration
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- ASUS Transformer Book Duet Might Be Killed Due To Pressure From Google [Rumor]
- Sony VAIO Brand Rumored To Be Sold To Japanese Investment Firm
- Samsung Rumored To Cease Conventional Notebook Launches In 2015
- OS X 10.10 Could Feature A Flatter Design