You might remember Rovio, the electronic robot guard dog (that doesn’t look like a dog), but this time, things are a lot cooler. This is because the Emotiv Systems’ headset is used to control the robot via Skype. Thanks to the Emotiv headset, your facial gestures and brainwaves are recognized, and used to control the robot. The signal will be picked up by a PC that is loaded with Roboclient, that interprets the commands, after which the commands are sent to another computer, via Skype, and finally transferred to the Rovio using the Robodance 5 app, giving you an obedient robot that can be controlled by your mind. Fancy, huh? Check out the video after the jump.
- Andy Rubin To Head Up Google's New Robots Division
- Prototype Robotic “Heart” Runs Off Urine
- K5 Autonomous Data Machine Is A 300-Pound Crime Fighting Robot
- MOSS Robot Kit Helps You Get Started Even Without Having A Clue
- Macy Gets Robot To Launch Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Follow: mind control, robot, rovio, skype,
- Seen at: youtube