Samsung Electronics announced its new CMOS image sensors, the 1.3 Megapixel Samsung S5K6A1 and the 2.1 Megapixel Samsung S5K5B3, for use in various devices that require video capture. According to the company, both sensors have been developed with an emphasis on high-performance, high definition at up to 30 fps for internet video (VGA for video conferencing) The new sensors has an enhanced sensitivity, using the 1.75um pixel technology, Samsung brought them to 70Lux of YSNR10, which enables image capture in low light conditions. Size has been optimized as well: the S5k5KB3 supports camera modules with full 1080p HD at 30 fps in a z-height less than 4.5 mm and the S5K6A1 supports modules with 720p HD at 30 fps in a z-height less than 3.5 mm. Products with the new sensors will be mass produced in the second quarter of 2010.RELATED
- Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Limited Edition 24k Gold Nikon FA Spotted On eBay For $12,000
- Newer Canon EOS M Expected In Second Half Of 2014
- Sony RX10 Photo and Video Samples
- Follow: camera, cmos, cmos sensor, Samsung, video,