HP’s Envy line of notebooks is rather popular, and it seems that we were right when we predicted that 14-inch and 17-inch models would be appearing. HP has announced two new Envy notebooks in said sizes and despite what you may think of optical drives in this day and age, both feature slot-loading drives.
The Envy 17 obviously has a rather large display, which is powered by the Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series chip that supports Eyefinity, allowing it to drive multiple external displays on its own. It also offers upgraded Beats audio processing along with a subwoofer, two hard drives to offer you up to 2TB of internal space, Intel Core i7 processor and USB 3.0 ports. Expect this to hit the market come on May 19th from $1,400 onwards.
The smaller Envy 14 offers a rather unique 14.5-inch display which claims to be about 59 percent brighter than other 14-inch displays. From the looks of it, this model will be going squarely against Apple’s latest MacBook Pros and will be powered by Intel’s Core i5 and i7 processors with the option for 3G. This model will be shipping from June 27th for $1,000.RELATED
- Homeless Man With Chromebook Completes First Mobile App
- Firefox Start Screen For Windows 8 Version Spotted
- YouTube Shares Some Impactful Videos For The Year
- The U.S. Government Still Uses Floppy Disks
- Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus Review
- Follow: announcements, core i7, HP, hp envy, intel, official,
- Seen at: electronista