Visa is said to pave the way for iPhone owners to make payments with their handset at special terminals, resulting in a wireless credit card payment system that is the first of its kind in the world. This idea will involve customized payment software called Visa payWave, where it will come pre-installed on a memory card. Since the iPhone itself does not have an external memory slot, it will require you to pick up a new iPhone protective case that is Apple-certified for it to work. Sounds good in theory, but it could also make owners easy targets for theft since not all iPhone owners will buy this idea, and those who do will have a unique looking protective case which are easily spotted.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2010-05-17: In2Pay Allows You To Use Your iPhone At Visa's payWave Terminals
- 2010-09-23: DeviceFidelity In2Pay iCaisse4 Mobile Payment Solution