If this is how public transport will look like in the future, we certainly are looking forward to it. It’s currently still a concept design, but the Metrotopia two-seater vehicle looks really futuristic. It’s powered by an electric motor running on a power cell, and uses a ball at the bottom of the vehicle to get around. This personal vehicle will dock itself inside a specially designed tram to become part of public transportation, allowing it to recharge its motor and prepare to take other passengers to their destination.
Next Story: Gmail Contacts Interface Updated
- 2013-08-23 Apple Acquires Public Transit App Developer, Embark
- 2013-06-07 Dutch Public Transportation Could Be Hacked With Android Smartphone
- 2013-06-03 Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2011-10-27 Nokia to bring NFC to New York commuters
- 2011-09-26 Lightsabers used for train railings in Japan
- 2011-09-21 AutoTram: Bus or tram, you decide