Sony knows that they have a potential winner in the form of the VPL-VW90ES, where this $10,000 monster is the first 3D-capable projector from Sony to be introduced to the market. Interesting things, trends. Earlier this year on the CES showfloor, we saw 3D TVs being touted as the next big thing, and here we have 3D projectors popping up all over the place like mushrooms. Relying on SXRD technology an a single Ultra High Performance 1,000 ANSI lumens lamp to deliver a 1080p picture, this projector will also boast a 240Hz frame rate mode that does its part well where 3D images are concerned. Each purchase will even come with a couple of active-shutter 3D glasses to help you get started right out of the box. You won’t be able to purchase the Sony VPL-VW90ES off the shelf at the moment though, not at least until November when it is released.
Next Story: AuraSound launches wireless 5.1 soundbar for TVs
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-01-09 Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: Hands-On
- 2013-04-22 Sony Projectors Does Wireless Image Transfer
- 2013-01-29 Sony Laser Light Source Projectors Offer Unparalleled Brightness
- 2011-11-09 LG 3D projector for your living room
- 2010-09-01 Sony VW90ES 3D home cinema projector hits the ground running at IFA 2010