We guess that Samsung is no longer unsure of whether the Galaxy S will receive Android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware or not, as it has more or less been confirmed as such by a Twitter post from Samsung’s Indian arm this week. Apart from that, we see no technical issue in preventing Samsung from rolling out Android 2.3 with the Galaxy S. Owners of the Galaxy S might have to wait slightly longer though considering it has started to receive only Android 2.2 Froyo months after launch, which makes 2011 a much more realistic date in seeing Android 2.3 Gingerbread arrive on this platform.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-05-16: Android Gingerbread update officially announced for Samsung Galaxy devices
- 2011-04-06: Samsung Galaxy S receiving Gingerbread in a matter of weeks
- 2011-03-23: New version of Samsung Kies signals arrival of Gingerbread?