Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S will be probably be itching to find out if their phones will be getting the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. Despite the similarities between the Galaxy S and the Nexus S, the Korean company wouldn’t confirm if the phone will be getting the Android 2.3 update. Still, if you’re generally a “glass is half full” type of person, the good news is that Samsung didn’t deny that the phone will be getting an update either. The statement from Samsung reads:
“In case a new version of Android operating system is publicly announced and released, Samsung will review the possibility of implementation of such new version to the existing Samsung products with Android operating system (“Update”). Such a review will be based on various factors including, without limitation, the overall effect of such Update to Samsung products, the system requirements, the structural limitations, and the level of cooperation from the component suppliers and the software licensors. If Samsung decides to make the Update available to the users after such consideration, Samsung will use its efforts to develop such Update, which may be released to the users upon successful completion of such development.”
Next Story: Wyse PocketCloud 1.1 Now For Galaxy Tab
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-10-31: Samsung Galaxy S receives Ice Cream Sandwich port
- 2011-05-16: Android Gingerbread update officially announced for Samsung Galaxy devices
- 2011-04-06: Samsung Galaxy S receiving Gingerbread in a matter of weeks
- 2011-03-23: New version of Samsung Kies signals arrival of Gingerbread?
- 2011-03-09: Samsung rolling out Gingerbread to Galaxy S phones by March?