Owners of the myTouch Slide might be wondering if they’ll eventually receive the Android 2.2 Froyo update and there’s good news and bad news related to that situation. The good news is that the update is being worked on, so it’ll eventually arrive. The bad news is that rumors indicate that the update has been delayed, due to two reasons. The first is that Wi-Fi Calling doesn’t seem to work all the time, though there wasn’t any mention of what’s causing it. The other issue is that the OTA update is being directed to the wrong partition, a partition that apparently doesn’t have enough memory to process the update. The rumors claim that manufacturer is already aware of both these issues and is working on a fix, so hopefully it won’t take too long, although a release date wasn’t given.
Next Story: Verizon to offer unlimited data on its iPhone?
- 2013-12-10 Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- 2013-11-19 PS4 System Software Update 1.51 On Its Way
- 2013-10-25 Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Patch 1.1 Solves Lumiose City Save Bug
- 2013-09-01 Nexus 7 JSS15Q Update Fails To Fix All Touchscreen Issues
- 2013-06-18 PS3 4.45 Update Locks Up Certain Consoles
- 2011-05-03 ViewSonic ViewPad 10 gets Android update
- 2011-04-21 Motorola DEFY receives Froyo update
- 2011-02-25 HTC Aria Froyo update now live
- 2010-09-20 T-Mobile withdraws HTC Desire Froyo upgrade
- 2010-11-09 myTouch 3G Froyo 2.2 update works on the T-Mobile G1