It looks like Paris is really taking steps towards cleaning itself up. The capital city of France recently announced that they will be switching their gas guzzling refuse trucks to electric ones. Now, it looks like they’re taking it another step further – they have been reported to be taking into consideration the banning of certain vehicles. The vehicles in question are SUVs and old diesel vehicles. Though it’s unlikely such a ban will happen new restrictions governing these cars are more likely to be put into effect instead. According to an environmental official, Denis Baupin, “I’m sorry, but having a sport utility vehicle in a city makes no sense.” It hasn’t been announced what sort of restrictions will be put into effect as they are still being determined, but expect them to be announced and put into effect this year or the next. How many of you drive an SUV and live in a city?
- 2013-10-08 Revenge Porn Ban Being Considered By New York Lawmakers
- 2013-08-13 Texting While Driving Gains Popularity After Being Outlawed
- 2012-11-14 Sony swings the banhammer for customized PS3 firmware owners
- 2011-11-22 Pakistan drops banhammer on 1,100 naughty words in SMS
- 2011-10-12 Samsung to sell modified Galaxy handsets to avert Dutch ban