Our friends living in the Great White North catch up with us, as their Starbucks stores in Toronto and Vancouver now offer more than just great coffee (something tells me there will be others who dispute this) and free Wi-Fi connectivity – we’re talking about interactive window displays that is guaranteed to grab the attention of any passers-by. This interactive display comes in the form of a vinyl screen, aided by a projector and gesture controls. This is definitely a whole lot cooler than having your regular poster or flat panel TV advertising the latest promotions – will we soon see augmented reality advertising at stores as well? One thing’s for sure – you can bet that Starbucks inventories in those stores will definitely see an increase in a window cleaner considering the future fingers that will dance all over the window.
Next Story: Android 2.4 to arrive in April?
- 2014-03-12 Starbucks Works On Coffee Pre-Orders Via App
- 2014-03-11 Starbucks Allows You To Tip Baristas Now
- 2014-01-16 Starbucks iOS App To Get New Security Features
- 2014-01-15 Starbucks Mobile Payment App Stores Credentials As Plain Text Files
- 2014-01-01 Canadian Company Builds A Truck Made Out Of Ice (And It Works!)
- 2013-10-28 Starbucks Allows Twitter Users To Buy Coffee For One Another