Sony recently demonstrated a new technology that lets different people see different images on a TV depending on where they are viewing the TV from. Called dual-view, this technology will allow users to compete in multiplayer games without the need for a split screen. Potential uses for this technology could include the ability to watch 2 TV shows at the same time, on the same television (though audio will probably have to be split up using headphones – unless Sony uses directional-audio technology as well in their TVs). The technology is at very early stages at the moment, but when it comes into fruition, it will probably change the way we watch our shows on TV.
Next Story: AT&T Xperia X10 might not get Android 2.1?
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2011-11-15: Sony to launch its own cable-TV alternative?
- 2011-10-30: Sony Out of Samsung LCD Joint Venture