Cashless transactions – didn’t that arrive via credit cards a long time ago? Well, while you still need to carry around your credit cards in your wallet, how about turning your handset into an e-wallet? That’s what Visa Europe intends to do with the first commercial deployment of its own iPhone payments App today. This means that NFC-capable iPhones should be on their way later this year, where the AAPL intends to look into ways for merchants to obtain a cheap and easy set-up for payment kiosks so that mobile payments can be painlessly transacted with the proper infrastructure in place. This new iPhone payment system requires users to use an add-on device before making a payment, and we could see the iPhone 5 have a built-in e-wallet as well if the rumors turn out to be true.
- 2013-12-12: Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- 2013-02-25: VISA, Samsung Announce Partnership Bringing payWave To Galaxy Devices
- 2013-01-16: Visa Approves NFC Mobile Payment Solution For RIM
- 2013-01-16: RIM Gets Approval From Visa
- 2012-02-29: 6 VISA-certified NFC smartphones to roll out in 2012
- 2011-10-06: Samsung to launch London 2012 Olympic phone