Now, we’ve all seen the Geminoid before – an extremely realistic robot that was a spitting image of the professor who created it. The robot originated in Japan by Professor Hiroshi Ishiguro, but now it looks like it has made its way over to Europe. A professor from Denmark decided to create a Geminoid of his own, and this one is even more realistic than Hiroshi Ishiguro’s original creation. Called the Geminoid-DK, it is based on the Geminoid-F, but it is made to look like the professor instead of a female robot. Judging from the videos online, the robot looks incredibly lifelike and could be easily passed off as a human being. It scares me to think of what the world will be like in the future if these robots get mass produced and started living amongst us. Hit the break to watch some videos of the Geminoid-DK and find out more about the robot here.
- 2014-03-24: Masked Animatronic Robot Dances In An Extremely Lifelike Manner
- 2014-01-06: KEECKER Connected Robot Unveiled
- 2013-12-12: Polycom RealPresence in the new Anybots Q(X) Virtual Presence
- 2013-09-05: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2013-06-16: Cat-like Robot Hails From Switzerland