Sony’s latest firmware update for the PlayStation 3 was said to close holes that hackers have been using to jailbreak the system, but it looks like they didn’t do a good enough job. A hacker who goes by the name of ThatBoringHacker recently posted a video on YouTube showing him running homebrew software on the latest version of the PlayStation 3 firmware. Apparently he had managed to hack the device on accident and got homebrew software to run on the console. While the video shows that the firmware has been jailbroken, ThatBoringHacker has mentioned that he won’t be telling the world how it happened – the possibility of Sony taking legal action against him has been enough to keep him mum about the details. Hit the break to watch the video demonstration of the jailbreak:
- Pokemon X And Pokemon Y Update Version 1.2 Ready To Download
- Pokemon Bank Gets December 27 Confirmation
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Sells Over 10 Million Copies
- Ingress Storyline Set To Continue?
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Follow: custom, firmware, hackers, homebrew, jailbreak, playstation, playstation 3, ps3, Sony,