Acer’s latest tablet, the Iconia Tab W500 is now available for sale now in North America. Designed for folks looking for a tablet but don’t want to be constrained by tablet operating systems such as Android or iOS, the Windows 7-powered tablet is no slouch when it comes to work or entertainment.
Powered by an AMD C-50 processor and 2GB of DDR3 RAM, it packs a 10.1″ 1280 x 800 display for you to watch your 1080p HD videos and play your games, with an ATI Radeon HD6250 graphics card to keep those frame rates up. A 32GB SSD gives you the space to store your programs and documents, while an SD card slot that supports up to 32GB is available for you to expand the tablet’s memory. It supports Adobe Flash 10.1 to give you a rich web browsing experience, Bluetooth, and WiFi for your connectivity needs.
Best of all, it runs on Windows, so you shouldn’t have any problems running all your favorite software on the tablet itself. It’s no lightweight at 2.14 pounds, but for the extra features you get, the additional weight is worth it. With an additional docking keyboard for increased productivity while typing, this tablet strikes a fine balance between work and play. The Iconia Tab W500 is available now from select US and Canada retailers and channel partners, in two different configurations – with Windows 7 home Premium for $549 and Windows 7 Professional for $619. Anybody picking up one of these today?
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Follow: acer, AMD, launch, Tablet, windows 7,