BlackBerry fans who are expecting a whole slew of devices to be announced at next week’s BlackBerry World event might be in for a letdown. According to the folks at BGR, two of their independent s sources informed them that there will only be one phone announced at the show – the BlackBerry Bold Touch. The BlackBerry World event has been touted as one of the biggest BlackBerry events of the year, and for RIM to only announce one phone – well that would be a major letdown.
Apparently there were some last minute changes that led to RIM’s decision, though the reasons why weren’t discerned. Is RIM trying to pull off an Apple and only announce one phone a year? If they are, they’re going to have to try harder than that. With six major products in the pipeline according to the previously leaked roadmap, and only one device turning up at the show, it’s not going to go down to well with the fans.
Well since nothing is confirmed, there is a chance that these rumors could probably end up just being … well, rumors. For all we know, RIM could be leaking out the wrong information so lower expectations and then pull a fast one with a last minute change of plans to surprise everybody. Which of the new BlackBerry phones are you looking forward to this year?RELATED
- Android Device Manager Mobile App Finally Released
- Analyst Thinks Cost Is Why BlackBerry Can't Shut Down Its Ailing Hardware Division
- GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- Japan Leads The U.S. In App Revenue
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Follow: blackberry bold, blackberry world, launch, RIM,
- Seen at: bgr