It is time to evict yout collection of videos that are stored over at Google’s very own Google Video service, since over the weekend, the Internet search giant has sent a notice over to users that it intends to shut down the hosting service. This shouldn’t come across as a surprise since Google Video had already stopped receiving uploads of any kind two years back.
It makes sense, as YouTube, the most popular video sharing website around, is already part of Google’s stable of operations, and Google has asked users to migrate videos over to YouTube for the longest time since time immemorial – or something to that effect, you get the picture.
For those who have plenty of videos on Google Video, you might be required to use paging controls that are located on the bottom right hand side of the page in order to access them. Bear in mind this download option will be available through May 13, 2011.
- 2014-04-20: Google Trends Gets Email Subscriptions
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2011-08-08: Google Chrome OS for tablets spotted on video
- 2011-07-29: Microsoft Office 365 video campaign takes a dig at Gmail
- 2011-06-09: Google Les Paul Doodle is a hit
- 2011-05-13: Google I/O keynote videos posted online
- 2011-04-28: Android 2.3.4 confirmed to introduce native video calling