JBL intends to rock your living room with a couple more speaker systems – the Cinema 300 and 500. As their names suggest, you can be sure that your home movies will never sound the same again (assuming you’re making an upgrade from the existing system, of course). This complete 5.1 home theater package is touted to deliver power as much as it does clarity, letting your ears pick up distinct dialogue, crisp, accurate music, and deep floor-rumbling bass without waking the neighbors up. Both models were specially designed with signature JBL Weave aesthetic styling, sporting a quartet of identical satellites which are voice-matched to the center for consistent sound from speaker to speaker, resulting in a more realistic 360-degree surround-sound field in the entire room. The 500 system has a lower crossover point compared to the 300 in the surrounding satellite speakers with dual 3-inch (75mm) PolyPlas cones for even more movie-watching realism. Expect to fork out $499 for the JBL Cinema 300 system and $699 for the JBL Cinema 500 system as they become available at a retailer near you. Check out what the Cinema 500 looks like in the extended post.
Next Story: HTC Desire solves puzzles
- 2014-04-06: JBL Wave Guide Technology Sends Music In Your Direction
- 2013-10-24: JBL Pulse LED Speaker Targets Music Lovers
- 2013-08-05: Harman JBL Professional PRX700 Series Portable Loudspeakers
- 2013-01-04: JBL Brings Five New Audio Accessories To CES
- 2012-11-15: JBL Lightning-Enabled Speaker Docks Revealed